Monday, October 15, 2012

why no 3DS play case?


A large few cases with the 3DS, but what COMPLETELY ASTONISHES ME is that you will discover NONE that allow the 3DS being played within the case. I would not mean form-fitting shells that wrap around the 3DS like hard skins or whatever. Just cases that offer the 3DS within the bottom while top holds games and possibly some accessories like stylus or AR cards.

In the ds lite case generation there have been A great deal of cases that way, some superior to others. The example pic above was portion of my Brain Age 2 Ds lite by nintendo bundle I managed to get last 2007. It doesn't really work with the 3DS since the top strap prevents it from closing properly.

The 3DS generally speaking appears to be marketed towards older gamers. I certainly like the stylish look of it... back 2006 I assumed the Nintendo ds lite looked great... even so the 3DS looks more stylish. I'm keen on the colours, perhaps the oft-criticized "layer cake" anticipate it. It is not a perfect design by hook or by crook but that's a conversation for one more time.

ds lite case
ds lite case

My point is the fact 3DS cases also seem targeted on the older "sophisticated" gamer. The ds lite shell case cases I pointed out were mostly aimed towards kids because they're the ones who need them. This is why I'm in search of one, for my 11 year old nephew's 3DS. It just seems bizarre that No business on the market makes a 3DS case that the 3DS could be played in AND store accessories especially considering that the 3DS not only requires a stylus but also AR cards. Exactly what a huge missed opportunity!

I'm not sure if Nintendo is hoping to avoid its fanbase of younger gamers, but if so, that has to be a gigantic mistake. I'm sure they warn against 3D for six year olds and under (I wouldn't advise giving a 3DS with a 6 year old anyway) but I believe a great deal of kids will use the 3DS. With the recent 3DS price drops it's becoming more accessible for younger gamers-- seen as an cheaper purchase by their parents beyond doubt-- so they need accessories that could appeal to their requirements, i.e. tougher AND practical to carry around cartridges & such without losing either the accessories, case or both.

One more thing that i am amazed not a soul had the idea of is building a case/shell that utilizes the surface top 1 / 2 the 3DS/all DSLite consoles to store game pockets. It might be a thing that goes across the top outside the 3DS, holds 3 games and clips within the sides or maybe it's one of those shells that clips in the whole outside top half possesses some fabric pockets for cartridges.

ds lite shell case

It is deemed an extremely rough mock-up I did to illustrate the usual idea. It seems to me that that whole outer top 1 / 2 the DS, from the time the ds lite Housing Case, were utilized properly. Appears like the best area to store games on. Yes it looks kinda fugly. I know probably wouldn't work with it because I favor slim cases anyway.... but for kids-- and i am there are a handful of older gamers that value practical solutions over looks-- who would probably really appreciate the real-world functionality where, in real life, we must tote around a variety of carts around if we want to have much real number of 3DS games (DSiware and Ambassador downloads notwithstanding)

No comments:

Post a Comment